Echo Sonographer - Heart Clinic - Full-time (Days) - Mpls - (190270KF)
Employee Status Regular
Hours Per Pay Period 80
Shift Length 8 hours
Weekend Coverage Per unit need
Call Coverage Yes
About Children's Minnesota
Children's Minnesota is the seventh largest pediatric health system in the United States and the only health system in Minnesota to provide care exclusively to children, from before birth through young adulthood. An independent and not-for-profit system since 1924, Children's serves kids throughout the Upper Midwest at two free-standing hospitals, 12 primary and specialty care clinics and six rehabilitation sites. Additionally, Children's is Minnesota's only Level I pediatric trauma center inside a hospital dedicated solely to children. In 2018 Children's Minnesota was verified as a Level I Children's Surgery Center by the American College of Surgeons. Children's maintains its longstanding commitment to the community to improve children's health by providing high-quality, family-centered pediatric services and advancing those efforts through research and education. This work is made possible in large part by generous philanthropic and volunteer support from individuals and organizations throughout the state and region. An award-winning health system, Children's received Magnet recognition from The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in 2018 and is regularly ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a top children's hospital. Please visit .
Position exists to perform high quality and comprehensive pediatric echocardiographic examinations on patients and prepare preliminary reports for physician interpretation.
* Associates Degree in Ultrasound Technology from an accredited program.
* Credentialed in pediatric and adult echocardiography via American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) within one year of hire.
* Active basic life support status and technical competency evaluations must be maintained.
* Ability to read, write, and use basic arithmetic and grammar.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to maintain professionalism with all patients and families when faced with difficult situations.
* Minimum one year of prior experience in related field.
* Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS-pediatrics).
* Minimum 1-3 years prior experience in related field.
* Computer Skills-experience with EClinical Works or similar scheduling system.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of an occupational health assessment, drug screen, background investigation, and compliance with the U.S. Government Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. Children's requires proof of immunity to vaccine preventable infectious diseases prior to employment, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Children's Minnesota is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
Job Posting May 14, 2019, 11:24:59 AM
Job Other Patient Care Related
Primary Location USA-MN-Minneapolis