The Product Engineer will be responsible for various items within the lifecycle of AWC stock product offerings, including product development & testing (with an emphasis on design for manufacturing, new product launch), product maintenance and continuous improvements. The successful candidate will be accustomed to a fast-pace collaborative work environment, where he/she is able to effectively push multiple projects/tasks to completion. He/She will be expected to effectively work with various groups within the organization. This position will report directly to the Lead Engineer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Develop detailed designs, cost estimates, and prototypes for new products including sourced parts, packaging, and manufacturing processes.
* Develop comprehensive product documentation including bills of material, specifications, component part drawings, and assembly drawings.
* Support new product launches on the shop floor.
* Continuously identify and implement ways to reduce manufacturing costs through product design improvements, alternating materials, or new techniques.
* Work closely with Marketing, Operations, Sourcing, and outside vendors to quickly bring innovative, manufacturing-friendly products to market.
* Specify and qualify new sourced components and materials.
* Provide manufacturing support to troubleshoot discrepancies with specifications, part drawings, bill of materials, etc.
* Meet aggressive project timelines and resolve project issues.
* Performs other duties as assigned which includes but not limited to lifting/carrying product samples for testing (up to 40lbs), package or assist with building samples, and periodically walk to the assembly line to observe manufacturing processes.
* Consistently deliver excellent customer service. As an employee, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with customers, visitors and other employees.
* Comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with emphasis in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing from an accredited college or university
2 -- 5 years of relevant work experience
At least 2 years of manufacturing experience, or equivalent exposure
Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
Talent for visualizing and communicating mechanical design concepts
Strong sense of urgency to assure projects are completed within schedule and cost objectives
Ability to collaborate effectively across all layers of the organization both locally and remotely
Eagerness to proactively identify and pursue opportunities to reduce costs and improve quality
Strong written and oral communications skills
Ability to work independently with minimal direction
Skilled at creating, reading, and understanding design documents, marketing requirements, and specification drawings
Must have 3D modeling experience (AutoDesk Inventor preferred),
Must have MS Office applications (extensive Excel or other spreadsheet experience required)
Must have the ability to lift up to 40 lbs
Must have interest in working in manufacturing
ERP/MRP experience is a plus, JDE preferred
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
(Number of people, job titles)
No supervisory required
Typical Working Conditions: (Describe environment including exposure to heat, cold, fumes, chemicals, allergens, mold, etc.)
Climate controlled office environment
(List all manual and automated equipment used in the course of performing essential functions.)
Computers, keyboard, software, and other equipment as necessary
Essential Physical Tasks:
(List all physical tasks encountered in performing essential functions.)
Occasional lifting and carrying of up to 40 lbs for testing