Operate sorting machinery that includes Opex 150, 7780, 3600, 7200 and iTran. Open and sort incoming mail by operating high-speed Opex 150 Mail opening equipment. Prepare machine for daily operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Feed envelopes into high-speed machine.
- Remove sorted mail from stacker bins and bundles
- Batch opened items per customer instructions.
- Monitor and regulate workflow to meet daily deadlines.
- Tag completed trays for date/customer control
- Match miss-sorts of mail.
- Correct machine jams.
- Ensure work meets established production and quality standards.
- Restart select job applications.
- Ensure proper distribution or processing of output.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Balancing experience preferred.
- High School diploma or GED required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate transport or work station equipment.
- Ability to operator Mail Extraction and Mail Sorter equipment as well as Data Correction Terminals.
- Ability to perform 10-Key by touch.
- Must be PC literate.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills.
- Must have basic mechanical skills.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work in a fast paced production environment.
- Must be able to work mandatory overtime as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs on a regular basis; push/pull heavy carts and continual handling of paper and finished product.
- Must be able to stand/sit for prolonged periods of time.
Exela is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equality opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.