Get ready to redefine what's possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you'll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples' lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Covance is hiring a Validation Specialist II (1st shift Monday - Friday) to join our global team in Brentwood, TN. If you have Flow Cytometry experience, this is the position for you.
The Validation Specialist II performs established procedures for clinical testing as required in all assigned laboratory disciplines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Flow Cytometers, centrifuges, biological safety cabinet, and pipettes in the department.
- Provides troubleshooting to resolve complex instrument and equipment problems. Works with the vendor where needed to resolve issues and summarizes results of investigations.
- Performs cytometer instrument setup and QC according to SOP independently.
- Performs various laboratory maintenance and preventive maintenance.
- Coordinates timely review of SOPs, checklists, and other training materials.
- Seeks to promote expertise in the department and across sites to ensure consistent approach to validation of assays.
- SOPs/Validation Plans/Validation Reports/Client-Facing Presentations:
- Drafts validation plans, reports, and SOPs with minor input from Supervisor.
- Appropriately document work performed.
- Reads and summarizes assigned scientific readings as required by Supervisor.
- Participates in meetings as requested by listening, discussing, and critically evaluating own data and that presented by others.
- Interacts with clients on a regular basis in a professional and confidential manner to provide timelines, datasets, and client-facing presentations.
- Assay Development and Validation:
- Performs specific validations-related laboratory tasks within appropriate timelines assigned by Supervisor with minimal errors.
- Maintains laboratory and project related inventory.
- Develops project reagent order plans.
- Performs majority of data analysis to support projects assigned.
- Provide support to fellow Validation Specialists during resource shortages as needed.
- Present project data summaries at internal review meetings when requested by Supervisor.
Level of education: Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Biology or related fieldExperience:Minimum Required:
Individual must have 2-3 years of relevant flow cytometry or related laboratory experience.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Excel and Word are required.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience in analysis of flow cytometric data is preferred, but not required. (WinList, FCS Express, FlowJo, FACSDiva, etc.)
- Prior Flow Cytometry experience preferred.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.