Installs, maintains and repairs industrial machinery, equipment and electrical systems.
- Establishes good communications with all Dawn team members. Maintains and demonstrates a positive and consistent attitude.
- Works closely with other departments to maintain an efficient operation.
- Answers floor calls to investigate issues and either resolve the problem or inform your Supervisor of the situation if it cannot be resolved in a timely manner.
- Addresses issues as they arise and responds to team members in a timely manner.
- Complete your scheduled work orders on time.
- Responsible for logging work hours into COGZ (CMMS SYSTEM).
- Asks questions to fully understand expectations. Follows up with management staff members to ensure alignment when needed.
- Notifies the maintenance supervisor or manager of any concerns regarding maintenance team members or other personnel.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts as needed.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment as assigned.
- Troubleshoots, installs and repairs electrical apparatus as needed.
- Maintains hydraulic and pneumatic equipment as needed which may include repairs to and replacement of gauges, valves, pressure regulators etc....
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment as needed.
- Able to operate a cutting torch and welding equipment.
- Assures that all repairs and preventative maintenance are done in compliance with GMP's, IFS standards and SOP's to ensure food safety.
- Assists other departments as needed in troubleshooting maintenance issues that may impact food safety or personnel safety.
- Must hold and be able to produce a current Industrial and Commercial Electricians License
- High school diploma or equivalent required plus a minimum of 2 years applicable certified technical school training or 2-3 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Master Mechanic with Class A boiler operator's license and experience in electrical troubleshooting, electronic circuit diagrams, HVAC and PLC's, stick & tig welding and forklift repair strongly preferred.
- Current STATE Licensure / Commercial Electrician License.
- Working knowledge of computers and business software such as Excel and Microsoft Office helpful.
- Plant environment - temperature change as work area directs.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10lbs., frequently lift and /or move 25 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move 50 lbs.
- Use of hand tools and power tools. Occasional to frequent grip/push/pull. Use of hand tools and power tools on occasion above shoulder height.
- Occasional to frequent stand/walk/bend/kneel. Occasional to frequent climbing steps and ladders as well as sitting.
Here at Dawn, our crisis management team is meeting regularly to assess our response to COVID-19. As part of this, we are looking at potential changes in our interview and onboarding process, as your health and safety is of the utmost importance to us. We encourage you to check back frequently and know that recruiters will be in touch with candidates as needed. We appreciate your interest in becoming part of the Dawn Family and will continue to make updates as new information becomes available.
Dawn Recruitment Team
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.