The Lead Person coordinates all assigned activities within the Maintenance Department. This includes, but is not limited to, leading a group of Dawn Team Members and ensuring the safe, efficient preventative maintenance and services on all equipment and facilities
- Establishes good communications with all Dawn team members. Maintains and demonstrates a positive and consistent attitude.
- Works closely with other departments to maintain an efficient operation and to ensure that customer orders are completed in an accurate, timely and safe manner.
- Answers all floor calls to investigate issues and either resolve the problem or assign the solution to the appropriate maintenance technician.
- Addresses issues as they arise and responds to all team members in a timely manner (when necessary).
- Verifies that all scheduled work orders are being completed.
- Assigns projects to technicians who have completed all scheduled work orders.
- Responsible for ensuring that all technicians are logging work hours into COGZ.
- Asks questions to fully understand expectations. Follows up with management staff members to ensure alignment when needed.
- Performs daily plant walk-throughs.
- Notifies the maintenance supervisor or manager of any concerns regarding maintenance team members or other Dawn personnel.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Performs preventative maintenance, lubricates shafts, bearing, gears and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as wiring, electrical components.
- Installs and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment. Repairs and replaces gauges, valves, and pressure regulators.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment.
- Repairs forklifts as needed.
- Fabricates and repairs new or used equipment or machines.
- Assures that all repairs and preventative maintenance are done in compliance with GMP's, IFS standards and SOP's to ensure food safety.
- Assists the Quality and Production teams in troubleshooting maintenance issues that may impact food safety or personnel safety.
- Prior experience as a fully qualified plant maintenance technician is required. All team member applicants must be in excellent standing for both performance and attendance.
- High school diploma or equivalent required plus a minimum of 2 years applicable certified technical school training or 2-3 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Master Mechanic with Class A boiler operator's license and experience in electrical troubleshooting, electronic circuit diagrams, HVAC and PLC's, stick & tig welding and forklift repair strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of computers and business software such as Excel and Microsoft Office helpful.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10lbs., frequently lift and /or move 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move 50 lbs.
- Sit/stand/walk/kneel/squat/climb as dictated by the work area and immediate maintenance needs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, SOP's, GMP's, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write, in English, routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate professionally one-on-one and to groups of fellow team members and with all Dawn leadership.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area circumference and volume. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Plant and on occasion outdoor environment. Temperatures change as work area directs.
Here at Dawn, our crisis management team is meeting regularly to assess our response to COVID-19. As part of this, we are looking at potential changes in our interview and onboarding process, as your health and safety is of the utmost importance to us. We encourage you to check back frequently and know that recruiters will be in touch with candidates as needed. We appreciate your interest in becoming part of the Dawn Family and will continue to make updates as new information becomes available.
Dawn Recruitment Team
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.