- Ensures that they follow specific instructions and processes for each customer or product. They operate independently from each line to receive and package products. Production lines complete finished goods in an efficient and effective manner to ensure continuous production on lines as assigned. Typical products are packaged into pouches, pails, bag-in-a-box, totes and super totes. Recording of product information, regular metal detection, proper stacking and labelling are key for this operation.
- Responsibilities may change without prior notice due to changes in ingredients, products, customer requirements, innovation, regulatory, safety, food safety or other change in the work environment. This position description is intended to be a general guide to describe the daily requirements, training or procedures and expectations of the position.
KEY TASKS / DUTIES
- Based on the current products being ran by cooks and blenders the team members work within sanitation, and safety to meet our service level for our customers demand.
- Ensuring the product is identified and labelled properly is a requirement of this position.
- Finished goods must follow First-in-first-out (FIFO) to meet the high standards of our customers.
- Communicates with their cook or blender on specific product being ran and any variances.
- Operates hand-held bar code scanner to record the amount of raw materials used, product created and completes required paperwork for the run. This is the key to the traceability of the finished good products. All products must be scanned before they are moved from the production area to the warehouse location.
- Monitors the process to ensure desired product is achieved by quality and quantity required.
- Maintains cleanliness of the work area, follows food safety requirements and plant safety practices.
- Reports safety hazards to people or product and complies with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Supports the Circle of Excellence and the Dawn Philosophy of Team Dawn.
Physical duties involved in performing this position include but are not limited to lifting, filling, pushing, pulling, walking, standing, crouching, reaching overhead, climbing stairs, reading instructions, observing reactions of materials to a variety of processes in addition to communicating to other persons issues that arise in the processes mentioned and otherwise moving product from filling area to the warehouse. This position requires proper sanitation of the equipment and processes and the labelling of allergen and non-allergen finished oods within specific guidelines. Most of the raw materials weight between 2-50 pounds. Lifting activities are constant during a regular shift that can be 8, 10 or 12 hours in a day based on customer demand for product. This is a fast paced environment requiring constant and continuous production. Relief team members cover during breaks and lunches to provide consistency in products.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to read written formulas, instructions, scale read-outs, machine buttons, and safety precautions
- Capable of performing mathematical calculations such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and percentages.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Kettles, blenders, mixer, metering system, hand scanner, scales, scoops, scrapers, hand carts, forklifts, and other equipment.
SAFETY HAZARDS/PPE REQUIREMENTS
- Mobile equipment traffic in the area.
- Slippery surfaces; slipping and tripping hazards due to ingredients.
- Temperatures of batches, caution in working with process.
- Moving machinery with the equipment being used.
- Non-slip footwear provided to ensure proper footing.
- Receives daily instruction from production supervisor or shift manager.
- Reports to Production Supervisor
Here at Dawn, our crisis management team is meeting regularly to assess our response to COVID-19. As part of this, we are looking at potential changes in our interview and onboarding process, as your health and safety is of the utmost importance to us. We encourage you to check back frequently and know that recruiters will be in touch with candidates as needed. We appreciate your interest in becoming part of the Dawn Family and will continue to make updates as new information becomes available.
Dawn Recruitment Team
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.